Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fashion: JAYA RAMSEY: SOUL DIVA



Album Cover for Jaya’s “All Souled Out”
Photographer: Pat Dy
Stylist: Liz Uy
Makeup PEG: Young, fresh and natural
Hairstylist: Rowena Sonido

Working with Jaya is just an example of one reason why I enjoy and love working as a make up artist. Imagine working personally with the person whom you were once just listening to, whom you used to just watch over the television. It is very enjoying and at the same time humbling that you get to work with people who were able to build their name on their industry.



I have been a big fan of Jaya ever since she started as a singer, and not to mention she is the woman behind the song “Dahil Tanging Ikaw” which I personally love and even try to mimic they way she sang the song. She is indeed the country’s one and only “Soul Diva”.



Busy doing some Retouches for Ms Jaya


at Work

I received a call 1st week of May from Louei Lizardo, the project coordinator of Universal Records inquiring about my service as I was personally chosen by one of their artist who will be releasing her new album in month time. And to my surprise it was Jaya herself who requested me to do her look for her upcoming abum. It was very exciting, flattering and at the same time a humbling experience that these people you used to watch or listen to would entrust to you their look for whichever event/purpose it may be. (Though it would not be the first time to meet Jaya since I used to see her inside the dressing room everytime I work with Kyla for Party Pilipinas every Sunday)

Inside Cover

They wanted to give Jaya a younger and fresh look for her new album. They also wanted to give Jaya a longer hair since she used to appear on television with short hair.


 


During the shoot, a simple yet very excited and enthusiastic Jaya arrived as she told me that she trust my work especially seeing Kyla everytime I do her makeup. She is very “kalog” and fun to work with which makes the entire shoot very light and enjoying. And also hearing her soulful music for the said album just made everyone feel chillax.







No comments: