Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding: PATRICIA:THE GAY BRIDE


Wedding date: May 14, 2011
Wedding Venue: Marilao Bulacan
Entourage and Wedding Gown: Aavel Bacudio
Photographer: Imagine Nation Photography
Videographer: WangVideography
Hairstylist: Rowena Sonido

It was days before the prenuptial shoot when I received a call from a guy inquiring if I was informed about the said shoot to be held in 2 days. And to my surprise I have no idea of who the guy is nor about the scheduled shoot. It was only when the guy (who happens to be the groom) informed me that it was my good friend designer and their overall wedding designer, Mr. Aavel Bacudio, who referred me to do the makeup for the couple. I found it very sweet, and not to mention very rare, to have the groom in charge and the one who is busy preparing for the bride’s look.(Kudos JO!) Seeing the couple for the first time made me very happy and excited at the same time. They are such a cute and very young couple, and working with them was very light as if we’re just playing.

To watch the Prenup video, just click the link provided.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMMoRCGdaUw

Serious and Bashful. That was my first impression seeing the bride for the first time, with no makeup on. But I should say she is a very beautiful woman; a typical Filipina who doesn’t have much inclination to makeup. I realized I was wrong with my first impression with Patricia, she is not a serious and bashful type of woman, but rather she is the exact opposite. She is such a lighthearted, cheerful and very gay. GAY I meant jolly and also GAY that she knows how to speak “our” language and act like one. The entire “pre-nup” shoot was very tiring but due to Patricia and Jo’s bubbly character, it wasn’t exhausting at all. 

No dull moment with the bride

And the day finally came. My anticipation to work with the couple again gave me the excitement and enthusiasm. Having been able to know Patricia as a jolly and cheerful woman, gave me the idea of how will I apply my craft. I gave her a natural look with the touch of pink to bring out the happy personality she has within.



And there’s nothing more fulfilling than seeing the groom with tears of joy as he watches her bride walking down the aisle. And hearing him say "Ei. Leo, Thanks for making my bride very beautiful. Ang ganda ganda ni Pat!"

JO about to cry as he watches Pat walking down the aisle

Then the rain started to pour down and instead of the couple being worried so much about their reception, they stayed calm and knowing its a blessing from Above. Indeed the couple was blessed with so much love and happiness from each other and from the people around them.

PAT and JO's Wedding Video

And of course, the day isn’t exhausting at all especially with the presence of my dashing and effortlessly beautiful SLF (Super Loved Friend) Aavel Bacudio, who was overflowing with energy and happiness throughout the day…  Never a dull moment with Avel as always. Thanks SLF!

Playtime with SLF

The Beautiful bride with her Gorgeous mothers! :P

Congrats again Pat and JO! It was a wonderful experience working with you! Wishing you more happiness and love... 




4 comments:

patty said...

of course ako ang first to comment! bongga naman ng description mo sa amin, parang totoong totoo! thank you very much leo, mwah mwah xP

the frustrated fashion designer wannabe said...

hello leo, Congrats for making Patty the most wonderful bride :) kuminang ang beauty! its is truly very natural, and you can see the glow. :)
sana ako din ha leo, magpa appointment ako. - nicole (friend of pat & jo)

ina md said...

ganda! :) thanks leo for being a part of this wedding. you made us look extra nice :) wait for mine ha? (ang tanong: WHEN?) - ina, patty's sister

vetto said...

Patty stunned everyone. It must be the make up (apart from her natural ganda, naks!). Thanks Leo, for making Jo so proud of her elegantly beautiful bride.:) - vetto (friend of patty and jo)