Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fashion: DIVINE LEE: THE NEXT ISSUE


July Cover for MEGA Magazine
Concept: The Black Swan
Photographer: BJ Pascual
Stylist: MEGA Team
Makeup PEG: Aswang dark blue eyes with a dash of gold
Hairstylist: Jay Wee


             Last May '11, i was asked by Suki Salvador (Creative Director of Mega Mag.) to do the July Cover. And to my surprise it will be my Favorite, my Muse & a good Friend of mine, Divine Lee. I've been working with Divine for the past 10 years and I consider her not just a loyal client but moreover she is one of my client who then became a very good and loyal friend of mine. Being with her as she was starting as a model and seeing her today as one of the most influential trendsetter slash most read fashion blogger slash "becky" queen slash one of the most successful businesswoman; I can really say that she  is a living sample of how time and experience can beautifully transform a person. And funny it may seem, that the concept for the MEGA July issue is "The Black Swan", and Divine Lee is just perfect to be their cover. 

While doing the smokey eyes


Working!!!

           At first we were very afraid because the scheduled photoshoot date didn't fit my schedule. So i called Divine to inform her and she herself is afraid as well since she wanted me to do her makeup and also not to mention this will be her COMEBACK for the magazine and as the solo COVER. Luckily for us that the schedule was move and everything just seem to be perfect. On May 28, 9:00 AM we arrived at the said venue and Divine was there looking so excited and confident. She was afraid that the makeup peg wont fit her so I just simply comforted her "Akong bahala gurl!"

Makeup PEG and My Makeup

            The makeup PEG is a very smokey dark blue eyes with a dash of gold; a high-fashion makeup approach that I was afraid at first if it will make Divine looking beautiful still with that kind of makeup on. So I gave Divine "The Black Swan" inspired makeup and the PEG of the creative directors but still incorporating beauty, I made sure that Divine would look beautiful and natural still. Seeing her looking beautiful after I did the makeup and seeing the final output on the magazine itself makes me very happy and satisfied. Happy that I had a great time working with Divine and the entire team and satisfied that we had achieved their concept and of course it only proved that this was Divine's comeback; that she's indeed the next issue! 


Option for the Cover.


Another Option for the Cover.

1 comment:

Flo said...

wonderful entry! great work!